It's been a crazy weekend. On Saturday I started baling the first hay of the year. That went well for a few hours, till part of the pick-up broke. So Sunday morning I built a new bearing, that at this point seems to be better than the original. The way things stood was, I had a lot of hay on the ground and destructive rain is coming by Monday night. So I went out and baled for a short stint Sunday morning, It was brief because one of the springs broke. Now a search of John Deere's not so easy to use parts site, told me that if I was to beat the rain I would not be able to get a new part. A very easy search of Google told me that fixing a spring was not a piece of cake. But I had no choice but to try welding and after a Monday morning of some failure and finally sweet success, I had a fixed spring. It broke by the end of the day, but I got the hay baled, and can now lick my wounds for a day or so while things dry up. So I can weld a spring enough that God will keep it together till I can get the job done. Boy do I love farming!